Trudy is an Atlanta NATIVE, born and raised in Atlanta and is a Registered Nurse. Trudy received her degree in Nursing at Kennesaw State University. She was a helicopter Flight Nurse for Kennestone Hospital. Currently the owner of, The Image Academy, a personal development, and professional image consulting firm. Established in 2002, The Image Academy is a full service company, specializing in wardrobe styling, personal shopping, closet consultations, body image typing, makeup consulting, pageant coaching, and corporate presentations.
The mission statement of The Image Academy is: encouraging and equipping individuals to reach their full potential. Part of the Executive Personal Stylist team for Macy’s 2014-2015.
- Mrs. North Fulton County 2000
- Georgia’s Mrs. of the Year 2001
- America’s Mrs. of the Year 2001
- Mrs. Georgia International 2013 – Top 15 at Nationals
Fight Like A Girl: As a Breast Cancer Survivor and Spokesperson, Trudy has used her experience to bring Awareness and Education to women and their families: She has been featured in a Fox5News segment with health reporter Beth Galvin and CBS Better Mornings with Rebekka Schramm.
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure “Soft & Strong’ Honorary Champion – spoke to 10,000 people. Trudy was selected by the Atlanta Falcons, to participate in the NFL 2011 Breast Cancer Awareness program.
- Trudy was a survivor-modeled in a fundraiser for North Fulton Hospital’s, Power of Pink 2011 luncheon which raised thousands of dollars for Susan G. Komen.
- Was the model’s coordinator 2012;2013
- She is a spokesperson and Ambassador for the Pink Ribbon Story Foundation. A breast cancer charity, which connects women who have been newly diagnosed with women who are survivors. The goal is to help navigate the newly diagnosed women through the seemingly overwhelming process of Breast Cancer treatment. PRSF also produces empowering video testimonials of women who are “Surviving and Thriving” through Breast Cancer.
- Voted as an OVER 40 and FABULOUS contest winner by BestSelf Magazine.
- Featured in articles published in the AJC as well as
- Northside Woman’s Magazine.
- She was featured on the October 2011 cover of Northside Woman’s Magazine.
- CBS’ Atlanta Plugged In Style Segment host
- CoHost of The Christian View – 2016
- Guest host for Atlanta Live
- Wardrobe stylist for the award-winning talk show ‘The Christian View’ – 2014-present
- Stylist for The Amazing Collection – an International Film Progect 2003; 2007
- Featured on MTV’s hit series “MADE” 2012
Stand Your Ground
When Jackie Carpenter’s son is falsely accused of murder, she prays for a miracle and fights against all odds to set him free. But when the prosecution seeks a life sentence, Jackie s world spins into turmoil sending her on a journey of wavering faith and tentative hope.